Setting the foundation for a lifetime of learning
Preschool learning comes alive at the Montessori School of Westminster. Our individual learning programs for children ages 2 through 6 focus on cognitive and social development rather than just rote knowledge. Children who attend our Montessori school learn self-discipline and self-sufficiency at an early age. Click the links for information about our Elementary program and for Middle School.
- Preschool activities designed specifically for two- and three-year-olds.
- Classes meet from 8:30 AM until 11:50 AM Monday through Friday or choose a three-day program on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. An afternoon napping program (until 3 PM) is available as well as Before- and After-School-Care.
- Children focus on mastering fine and gross motor skills.
- Teachers promote hands-on practical life skills.
- An individually guided learning experience for students ages three through the kindergarten level.
- Classes meet from 8:30 AM through 11:50 AM Monday through Friday. Our "Extended Day" services include either a napping option or additional classroom time throughout the afternoon (until 3 PM). Before- and After-School-Care programs are available too.
- A full array of Montessori early learning materials are utilized to inspire a passion for learning.
Our preschool curriculum covers the following areas of study:
- Preschool science
- Language arts
- Preschool art activities
- Music and movement
- Physical education
- Practical life
"Gracie has shown much excitement regarding school and she also is trying to establish many
levels of independence at home. She is proud and we are over the moon. Thank you." ~ The Taylor Family
Children who emerge from our early learning center can:
- Dress themselves
- Put away materials
- Help clean up
- Carry their own belongings
- Pour their beverages
- Entertain themselves without the TV or computer