Inspiring students to live what they learn
At the Montessori School of Westminster in Maryland, your elementary school-aged child will take an active role in his or her own Montessori education. Individualized math and language curriculums allow students to fully master essential skills, while stimulating, hands-on programs cultivate their talents, interests and natural learning styles. Click the links to learn more about our Beginnings/Primary and Middle School programs.
Elementary School Program
- Classes meet 8:30 AM until 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Lower school program is for children in grades 1 through 3.
- Upper school curriculum designed for children in grades 4 through 6.
- Self-paced, multisensory learning experience reinforces content.
Our elementary academy of learning covers these areas of study:
- Foreign Language
- Language Arts/Literature
- Music and Movement
- Physical Education
Elementary school students who embrace their Montessori education can:
- Clean their rooms
- Use conflict resolution skills
- Conduct research
- Collaborate with peers to complete group projects
- Allot time to manage and complete schoolwork and homework
- Successfully complete their weekly work plan
- Exhibit grace, courtesy and manners